Happy Lady Day Y'all!
In honor of International Women's Day, I decided to design my ultimate #GirlBoss office. DESIGN PSA: a feminine space does NOT need to include hot pink and glitter (though if that's yo' thang, then get it gurrl).
Personally, my idea of a feminine space is any place that makes you feel strong, confident, empowered, creative and inspired. Design is about YOU and no one else. Trust your instincts, buy things you are in love with, and step outside your comfort zone.
My Dream Office:
My recipe for a feminine empowered office space is as follows:
1. Pick a finish. Mine is almost always going to be brass. It can go feminine or masculine and provides a depth and richness to any design. Brass is included in the desk selection, mirror, and throw pillow (and the color is alluded to by the leather chair).
2. Anchor your design with a few colors that work well together. In this case, I chose blush and navy. Both colors work flawlessly with brass and pair well with the masculine leather chair.
3. Chose one piece you are obsessed with - make it your focal point. I am super into this "Party Animals" wallpaper by House of Hackney. Sloths smoking hookah are my jam. And I didn't even know this until today.
4. Pick something that ties it all together. In this case, it is the gorgeous chandelier - rustic but feminine at the same time, the colors relate to all the furniture, wallpaper and accessories.
5. Layer and explore textures. From the brass, to the wood mirror, to the leather, to the rug and pillow - lots of textures are explored! This keeps a design from looking too matchy (which is like, my ultimate pet peeve. I am talking to you, 6 piece living room set!).
Let's take a closer look at the design components!
Happy Women's Day everyone! And cheers to all the wonderful ladies in my life!